Little Lake Theatre Company is seeing candidates for the position of Artistic Director. Qualified candidates for this full time position are encouraged to apply by submitting a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. To receive full consideration, required information should be received by November 28th, 2014.
The Artistic Director (AD) is responsible for conceiving, developing and implementing the artistic vision and focus for Little Lake Theatre Company. The AD works with the Managing Director and the Board of Directors to ensure that the theatre company is guided by its mission and realizes its goals for artistic excellence, community service and education, financial stability, fundraising and audience engagement. The AD is responsible for maintaining artistic staffing levels, assuring that the technical and artistic staff is adequately trained and meeting performance standards and that the work environment is clean and safe.
- Selects a season of theatrical productions and presents these to the Board of Directors for approval. This includes all Mainstage, Looking Glass Theatre and Family Matinee productions.
- Hires the directorial and production teams for all presentations.
- Directs a minimum of three (3) productions per season.
- Designs, staffs and implements workshops and classes in theater disciplines, with a particular focus on youth programs.
- Schedules, coordinates and oversees all audition processes to assure complete and appropriate talent casting for all productions.
- Conducts publisher correspondence and follow through to legally secure all necessary rights for productions.
- Coordinates the scheduling of all rehearsal space.
- Oversees the creation, composition and production of all playbills, including the acquisition of required information from actors/staff and play publishers.
- Coordinates the Apprentice Program including recruitment; parent communications; workshops; program development; management and scheduling of ushers; stage management; prop and costume crews.
- Works in tandem with the Managing Director to develop production budgets and marketing materials.
- Participates and assists in grant writing and grant reports.
- Responsible for the development and management of the in-school educational touring company.
- Oversees staffing, management and program development of the Theatre Arts Summer Camp.
- Coordinates all activities, personnel and on-sight supervision for Looking Glass Theatre.
- Schedules and coordinates all production publicity photo shoots and Tech Sunday dinners.
- Works with the Board of Directors and Managing Director to conduct donor development and fundraising activities to ensure financial stability and sustainablility.
- Acts as a spokesperson for Little Lake Theatre’s artistic purpose via speaking engagements, public and social appearances and at fundraising events.
- Fosters the development of good relations with other cultural organizations by participating in meetings and joint activities where appropriate.
- Others duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- High School diploma or equivalent; Theater-based advanced degree preferred
- Required state clearances for youth interaction
Experience and Skill Requirements
- A minimum of five (5) years experience with theatrical direction and/or production.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a non-profit arts management/leadership position.
- Demonstrated ability to staff, lead, manage and motivate the theatre’s team.
- Ability to participate in fundraising activities and grant writing projects.
- Strong interpersonal leadership and communication skills ( including customer service).
- Proven ability to meet staffing levels to obtain operation objectives.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and ability to follow up on assignments independently.
- Creative Vision
- Team Building
- Managing People/Supervision
- Customer Focus
- Time Management Skills
- Writing/Reporting Skills